Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Discerning God's Will in Your Life



I just want to share something I learned few years ago about discerning God’s will in your life using the Sound Mind Principle, the bible gives us a principle for discerning God’s will in matters not addressed by direct command or related principles. We know that, most of God’s will for us is revealed in scriptures. The term sound mind is also translated as “discipline.” The idea of discipline in the Bible is “making right choices.” Thus the idea of sound mind is having our thought process renewed and under the control of the Holy Spirit. It is far more than common sense.   (Romans 12:2  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ) There is a part when we were asked to use the sound mind principle pro-con chart. The chart will help you evaluate the value of every decision you make (which you have listed) in God’s perspective. Below is the screen shot of a chart done as one of my requirement in NLD Leadership Training. 

Sept 10, 2008 - Facilitated by Sis. Marion Dionisio

TAKE NOTE 
This chart was done 10 years ago September 2008

KUWAIT option under CONS "no extra time for other church gatherings" 
Reason: Because on that year i was still working in a salon as a Receptionist

AUSTRALIA option under PROS "can give more time serving God" 
Reason: Because i haven't seen the situation i thought that i will indeed have time

Fortunately, on 2011 I left the salon and entered office work which gave me ME LOTS OF TIME for church activities. (8 hours, 7am - 3pm duty, Friday & Saturday off, off for all officially declared Holidays)


  A Childhood Dream

  1. Did you ever had a shared dream with a loved one since childhood? I do
  2. Was it a very long time dream that you thought of leaving it behind? Nope
  3. Did it almost came into reality, but you suddenly realized that the person to whom you have a shared dream with, has already decided to give up? Yes
To those who know me well, they can attest that, giving up is not in my vocabulary. But as it is clearly stated in Ecclesiastes 3:1, 3:6 .. “There’s a time for everything .. Time to search and a time to give up.”  

My Melbourne dream started when I was still 12 years old. From then on, we waited, hoped and prayed for it. Many have lost hope, many started to discourage me, but I, never loosed hope. Seeing Australia from the sky just made my tears fall. I just can’t help it, suddenly I was crying really hard inside the plane. Imagine, it took almost 30 years, before I finally set my foot on the grounds of Melbourne. At last, the Lord has heard our prayer. I thought that it was the beginning of a new stage in our lives... but I was wrong. Maybe I came a bit late, maybe God just showed to me the final answer to my prayers. It's time to let go off my big hope. Not because I'm not happy with it, but because I have to forget my own dream for the happiness of the person I love most. It may look like a shattered dream but if it is for someone you cared most, for someone who deserves more, someone who deserves the best then I need to give way. I'll be a hypocrite if I say I'm fine. I'm just a human being, I'm hurting inside too. I cried many nights, even had dreams about this, I felt so down, I wanted to shout out loud,  but I should move on.  I know that everything will be easier if I learn to accept the reality. John 8:32 says, Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Knowing the truth might hurt, but it will all  set us free. Today, I’m giving up my Melbourne Dream.

I like to thank the following for being a part of this dream..
  1. To my Mom, Flordeliza Santos Boucher a million thanks to you. I know you don’t read much but I hope this one gets to you.. always remember from the very first time I learned the value of gratitude from my heart I know I will and can take care of you until the end. But things just change naturally, I guess there is someone else who will be in-charge of this.
  2. To my Nanay, Merlinda Ultado, thank you for crying with me and lifting me up when you felt I was so down.
  3. To my Husband, Resty Lomboy, thank you for all the support.
  4. To my BFF, Michelle Mozo, even miles apart, even long years of being separated and not seeing each other, thank you thank you thank you so much. You know I cant hide something from you. You know when I’m just pretending to be okay.
  5. To the second mother of daughter, Tita Rose Lizo, you know everything from the start until this time that I’m giving up. Thank you for always listening, thank you for the advices. I’m glad I had a friend in you.
  6. To Kuya Anson Dionisio, who opened my mind. You might just be joking when you said those words, let me quote it again.. “Baka pinaranas lang sayo ng Panginoon yung makarating sa Australia para malaman mo kung ano ang sitwasyon.” (Perhaps the Lord just allowed you to visit Australia to find out what the situation is.) You hit it right kuya, Salamat. You made it easy and quick for me to accept my truth.
  7. To my family, its not always bad to give up… what’s important is that we learn to discern what is God’s will in our lives.
  8. To the Lover of my Soul, my Lord & Savior, thy will be done. 
If my first pro-con chart was done on Sep 2008, and now 10 years later made my second one for the same options..

my latest PRO-CON chart 9-October-2018







Last photo with my mom before Naomi and I left Melbourne

Werribee Zoo

with my BFF Michelle Mozo, she came all the way from
 Sydney just to spend time with us 



Naomi & Mom - Hoppers Crossing 

Kangaroo - Healesville Sanctuary

twice BFF came to bond with us - Mabuhay Pinoy Asian Groceries Store 

Koala Bear - Healesville Sanctuary 


early morning of June 21, 2018 while waiting for our transport 


No comments:

Post a Comment